Summer has flown by! School is back in, changing daily routines and schedules — for family members and pets!
Our fur family needs time to adjust to more time alone, which sometimes can bring on separation anxiety and/or acting out.
Tips for coping:
- Provide interactive toys, chews when they’re alone to ease boredom.
- Take the dog along for kid drop-offs and pickups. The routine, and knowing they’ll return can help.
- If possible, try and ease your pet into the new schedule before it actually happens.
- Be sure all gates and fences are secure.
- TV or music on low provides a little background "noise" that can help them relax.
- Keep small objects like crayons, scissors, markers and glue out of reach to prevent chewing, choking or ingestion.
- Morning exercise can tire a pup, leaving him calm and relaxed.
Fall is a magical time. We hope these tips help make it great for everyone in the family!
Got a tip or great photo of your pet? Like Spot on Facebook, post a photo, and tell us your tips!