It's Pet Appreciation Week! PAW is a time when our love for animals really shines. Having pets helps people in many ways, from service animals assisting someone in any variety of ways, to just being a constant companion that brightens our days!
Let's celebrate the endless, unconditional joy! Here are some ways to show appreciation for your pets.
- Bake special treats - together! Find a great recipe and let the drool begin!
- Cook a pet-friendly feast!
- Delight in your pet. Your pet has the power to lift your mood, lower your blood pressure, and benefit your kids’ immune systems. The least you can do is give him a lifetime of love.
- Enjoy a Puppachino from Starbucks!
- Food: Be sure your pet is eating the right food. If you are unsure, consult your vet, a food consultant or your local neighborhood pet supply.
- Get goofy! Roll around on the floor with your pet and let the silliness begin.
- Get your pet a sibling. Is your pet lonely? Is work demanding a lot of your time? Maybe your pet would benefit from a sibling - check out your local animal rescue!
- Go to the beach! Or if the mountains are more their thing - go there!
- Health Insurance. Get your pet a health insurance policy. Your pet is family, and they deserve the same care you’d want for your human family members.
- Hugs and kisses. No explanation needed!
- ID please! Make sure your pet has a proper identification tag and microchip information is correct.
- Learn Pet First Aid. Knowing basic skills you can use before the vet can save your pet's life.
- Make your pet a part of your emergency plan. Attach window clings notifying emergency personnel that there are pets in your home.
- Massage! Contact an animal masseuse or take a class and learn how to give pet massages. Your pet will be in heaven!
- Photo shoot! Take photos of your pet that you have always wanted to capture. Hire a professional to get a treasured lasting memory.
- Playgroup: Call up your pet's besties and schedule a time to hangout at their favorite place.
- Remind your pet who's a good boy or girl.
- Schedule extra cuddle time. Your best friend can never have enough cuddles.
- Spa day! Mimosas and a new do! Okay…skip the mimosa but getting a bath or a groom can be just as fun!
- Sit together. Just that. Relish the togetherness.
- Surprise your pet with their favorite treat or toy - pure happiness!
- Take a staycation together. Plan to use any vacation/personal time and spend a day with your pet.
- Take an extra long walk. Does your dog love the outdoors? Stay outside longer!
- Take them to the local dog park - maybe they'll make a new friend!
- Take your pet to pick out a new toy. There's nothing more exciting than new toys! Take your pet to a local pet store and let them pick the item!
- Vaccines. Nothing is more important than your pet’s health, so make an appointment and keep them updated on their vaccines!
- Volunteer! If you don't have a pet, consider spending time with animals who don't have a family. The socialization is great for them and chances are you'll enjoy it even more.
- Will: Add your pet to your will. Thinking about this step may seem hard but it's the best thing you can do for your pets.
Last but most important, show your pet love every single day. They might be only part of your life but for them, you are their whole world.
Do you have anything to add to this list? How will you appreciate your pet this week (and all year long!)? Leave us a note our Facebook page!