Bee stings can cause cats and dogs swelling, hives, and difficulty breathing — and the onset can be fast. Do you know what to do? The Dodo reached out to DoveLewis Critical Care Specialist Dr. Erika Loftin to find out.
"It is possible for a pet to go into anaphylactic shock resulting from a bee sting, so it's important to get them treated as soon as possible," Dr. Loftin told The Dodo.
Though cats and dogs share reactions to bee stings similar to those of humans, it's extremely important to consult your veterinarian before treating them with any type of medicine, especially medicines intended for humans. Learn more at DoveLewis.org.